With more than 50 years of experience in the petroleum industry as a fuel distributor, fuel products supplier, industrial lubricants company and expert in the field of fuel, lubricant and PetroLiance® engineered solutions, you have more than a proven, reliable supplier with PetroLiance®. You have a strategic partner dedicated to improving your profitability.
Before our clients get aligned with PetroLiance® and the PetroLiance® way of engineering solutions to extend equipment life, decrease costs and improve profitability, most are not aware of the abundance of threats their operation faces in the area of proper fuel and lubricant applications, storage and handling.
For example, were you aware that 40% of engine failures are attributed to a problem in the coolant system? Here are a few simple Do’s and Don’ts you should be adhering to for maximum performance of your antifreeze/coolant:
- DO spend extra time to make sure you’re mixing antifreeze/coolant properly to ensure the effectiveness of the product and the health of your vehicles.
- DO use premixed antifreeze, or dilute with de-ionized water, according to manufacturer chart.
- DO check your antifreeze regularly using a reliable refractometer to test the freeze-point.
- If your engine requires an SCA, DO use SCA test strips at every oil change.
- DO monitor the condition of antifreeze/coolant regularly and augment the use of test strips with periodic fluid testing.
- DON’T dilute antifreeze with ordinary tap water. ASTM and engine manufacturers recommend using only de-ionized or distilled water when mixing antifreeze.
- DON’T neglect your antifreeze/coolant by failing to check it. Periodic fluid analysis is like a blood test for your engine’s cooling system.
- DON’T use “no name” antifreeze/coolant products that may have high silicate and not offer performance to industry standards.
- If your engine calls for an SCA, or Supplemental Coolant Additive, DON’T use old test strips.
- DON’T ignore the directions on the SCA test strips. Manufacturers differ substantially in directions for effective use of SCA test strips and ignoring the instructions could be giving you false results.
Contact PetroLiance® to find out more about our Medallion Plus® Mentor coolant analysis service to verify freezing point, nitrite levels and test for oxidation as well as signs of metal erosion. Our technical representatives are certified by both ExxonMobil and PetroLiance® to have the skills, knowledge and ability to help you improve the performance of vehicles and equipment, and help boost the overall efficiency of your operation.
And as always, you’re invited to download the free PetroLiance® guide, “Leak Detection: Stop Money from Running down the Drain.”